Saturday, April 18, 2015

Now I'm Sure Spring Is Here

Cards vs Reds 2015-04-18 1

I went to my office Saturday morning, as I do all too often. Total boredom. My camera was on the floor beside my desk and I was out of local material. Go out, Robert, find something, I thought. But the sky was gray and everything looked dull and I didn't have any energy and wah wah wah, the usual excuses. With some effort, I trudged down Broadway toward Busch Stadium searching for images.

The Cardinals had a day game. Nothing happening outside the stadium. Now what? Go to the game. Our weekend matches are more or less all sold out but you can usually get a single ticket so that's what I did. Baseball is often a social event with family or friends. It was nice to go by myself and just pay attention to events on the field.

Above, a young vendor selling snacks near my seat. Below, red, white and the theme of the day. It's really spring when Matt Carpenter leads off and plays third base near a Budweiser sign.

Cards vs Reds 2015-04-18 2

No comments:

Post a Comment