Thursday, January 1, 2015

Photo(s) Of The Year

Paris 2014-09-04 2

On New Year's Day, City Daily photobloggers post their best work from the year just ended. The photo above is my favorite of 2014. It was taken in Paris from the clock tower of the Orsay Museum, looking back across the Seine to The Louvre.

But I'm greedy and I have to allow myself some runners-up. Your opinion may differ but here is what I think is my best stuff in various categories.


Best portrait: music student in Liberia, Costa Rica.                           

Liberia Music Students 2


Best landscape: railroad crossing near Marysville, Kansas.

Marysville 2014-11-29 1


Best picture of a performance: member of Alarm Will Sound in the new Media Commons.

10,000 Birds 1


Best architecture shot: STL's new bridge over the Mississippi.

New Bridge Opening 2014-02-08 17


Best black and white for its own sake: Desert Botanical Garden in Phoenix.

Desert Botanical Garden 2


Best humor shot: tourists in the Louvre.

Louvre Madness 2


Best travel shot other than the top one: Mirror of Nice.

The Mirror of Nice 3


Best wedding photo: my son and his new bride in the CTA.

Andy and Claire's Wedding Saturday 23


Best attempt at self-immolation: St. Louis Renaissance Faire.

Renaissance Faire 2014-05-25 2


Best picture of Madeleine: introduction to guacamole.

Madeleine 2014-11-15 4


Okay, I admitted I was greedy. Happy New Year to all you shooters. See all the other CDP photos of the year by clicking here.






No comments:

Post a Comment